- Modified Rides /
Japfest is Britain’s celebration of all things automotive from the Land of the Rising Sun. Each year, over 16,000 JDM-loving enthusiasts bring over 3,500 Japanese cars to Silverstone to litter the perimeter car parks and/or smoke around on track.
All kinds of cars arrive. And it’s a very British take on Japanese car culture. Think of it a bit like Ginza meets Grantham. Or a Euro/Asian fusion dish like teppanyaki with brown sauce. Everything turns up: from JDM heyday classics like super-tuned Supras and Skylines, oddball kei cars like the Autozam AZ-1, European cars with Japanese hearts, Japanese cars with American hearts and lots and lots of big wings. Very big wings.
Don’t worry if you missed the event as we trawled the floor for your benefit. With our eye out for the great, good and ‘other’, we spotted some real gems. So, click through the gallery above and let us know what takes your fancy below.
Makes & Models of Modified Cars
- The P-51 is a 727bhp Ford Mustang
- The Bentley Continental 24 is a modified 700bhp Supersports
- is Dirt 4 the last rally game you ever need?
- America's ultimate street cars
- Six reasons we’re impressed by the Novitec-tuned McLaren 570S
- Watch these Mustangs drift their way into a world record
- BMW M4 review: harder cored M4 CS driven
- Shelby's 50th Anniversary Super Snake Mustang is here