- Modified Rides /
- AUDI R8
The Geneva motor show will throw up many things next week, with all manner of exciting supercar and hot hatch debuts. It will also contain many questionably tuned cars, one of them being this Audi R8.
It’s the work of ABT, a tuner synonymous with VW Group products. It’s perhaps one of the more tastefully tuned R8s out there, but these things are always subjective.
You certainly won’t mistake it for a standard R8, with more aggressive folds in the body kit, larger air intakes, and a generally much more aggressive stance.
Happily, the punchy styling upgrade covers up actual mechanic upgrades too, something that’s not always the case in the supercar tuning scene.
So there are new suspension components, a 50kg weight drop (significant, though ABT’s not told us what it’s binned) and a stainless steel exhaust system. As well as even more noise for the R8’s wondrous V10, that brings another 20bhp, taking the R8 V10 Plus’s total output to 621bhp.
You’ve a choice of 19 or 20 inch wheels, and you can no doubt pick and choose exterior styling elements. Inside, it appears to simply be a matter of choose what ratio you want the carbon/Alcantara split to be. Buttons and Audi badge aside, there appears to be little else used in there.
Like it? Or has ABT effectively sprayed graffiti on a masterpiece?
Makes & Models of Modified Cars
- Is this the greatest modified Range Rover ever?
- Can the Roboracer improve actual human racing?
- Dodge Challenger SRT Demon review: 840bhp muscle car tested
- The P-51 is a 727bhp Ford Mustang
- The Bentley Continental 24 is a modified 700bhp Supersports
- is Dirt 4 the last rally game you ever need?
- America's ultimate street cars
- Six reasons we’re impressed by the Novitec-tuned McLaren 570S